Imagine being able to replace your lost tooth, not with removable dentures, but with an implant that looks and feels just like a normal, secure tooth. With dental implants from your Mesa dentist, you can accomplish this. This procedure has become a popular option in dental reconstruction, with over half a million implants placed every year in the U.S. With their natural appearance and strong fit, dental implants can be your answer to repairing your smile.
Advantages of dental implants include:
- A secure, comfortable fit that looks and feels natural, without the slipping of normal dentures
- No other adjacent teeth have to be ground down or disturbed to hold an implant in place
- You can talk and eat normally without the inconvenience
- You will no longer feel self-conscious about missing teeth
During the implant process:
- Your jaw bone area just below your gums is fitted with metal posts.
- Once in position, the dental implants are mounted securely on these posts, giving you the look and feel of a brand new tooth!
- Not only will your self-esteem improve, but your oral health will as well.
Contact Mountain Crest Dental at 480-718-9443 to learn more about our dental implant options.
A bridge is a restoration for two or more missing teeth in a row. There are many forms of this type of restoration. Perhaps the strongest option for a multiple-tooth restoration, an implant-supported bridge provides many advantages over other options. Common restorations like fixed bridges or removable partials can cause the surrounding bone to weaken because they are dependent on adjacent teeth for support. Implant-supported bridges integrate with the natural bone, providing a much stronger and more natural restoration.Read more about Implant-Supported Bridges
A dental crown is a restoration that replaces the top part of the tooth. A single tooth that needs to be completely replaced can be restored utilizing an implant-supported crown. The crown is typically made of porcelain, giving the restoration a natural look. It is supported by a titanium “root” and post, implanted into the jawbone. The implant cements the artificial tooth in place, ensuring a sturdy fit and keeping the tooth and surrounding teeth from shifting out of position. An implant-supported crown looks much like the natural shape, size and color of your teeth, giving you a beautiful smile that’s sure to last.Read more about Implant-Supported Crowns
An implant-supported denture is a type of overdenture (a removable partial denture or a complete denture that covers and rests on one or more remaining natural teeth, the roots of natural teeth, and/or dental implants) that is supported by, and attached to, implants. A regular denture rests on the gums and is not supported by implants.Read more about Implant-Supported Dentures